Hospice Family Care offers each of our volunteers an opportunity to develop the necessary skills and comfort level that will ensure they have a fulfilling experience while making a difference in the lives of our patients and families.
NEW: Volunteer training is now available online for your convenience!!
* Training typically takes 8 hours.
* Training consists of two modules: 1) Core Training (ONLINE) and
2) Position-Specific Training (IN-PERSON).
* Depending on your position preference, you may complete all or some of Module 1.
* After Module 1 is complete each volunteer will complete training in one area of module 2 based on your position preference.
Volunteers are also invited to continue their education by participating in periodic volunteer in-services (Click Here for the Program Calendar
) and our free, monthly CEU offerings provided by the Hospice Family Care Education Institute.
With the new online training for module 1 we are able to bring volunteers on-board year round. For more information or to apply to be a volunteer, use the links on the left hand side of this page. For specific questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.
Thanks for considering Hospice Family Care!
Cory J. Samz, LMSW
Office: (256) 650-1212 ext. 130